Windows are a major investment for the home, and unfortunately, they don’t last forever. Their lifespan depends on a variety of factors, but you can expect, on average, that vinyl windows last around 15 years. Once you reach this point, it’s possible that your windows will need to be replaced. How will you know?
- Opening and closing the windows becomes more difficult
- Air leaks out around the windows
- Condensation or fogging occurs
- Chipping, deterioration or water stains pop up
- Outdated design that doesn’t flow with the rest of the home
- Cleaning is a major hassle
- Replacement parts are almost impossible to find
For many homeowners, the decision to replace their windows doesn’t come automatically. Instead, there may be some noticeable signs, but they also feel that their windows have more life in them. And this may very well be the case for you, too. You may notice changes in the performance of your windows but not be ready to take on a major investment. So what do you do?
The answer lies in solar window film. Window film smoothly adheres to the interior surface of the windows. It is an affordable alternative to replacing your windows, saving you hundreds or thousands of dollars. Here are some of the benefits you can expect.
- A fraction of the cost of replacement windows
- Reduces up to 78% of the sun’s solar energy
- Blocks 99% of UV rays
- Reduces energy costs
- Keeps the temperature in the home consistent
- Helps reduce fading of flooring and furnishings
In addition to providing your home with energy efficiency, solar window film can also give your windows an updated look. Decorative window film is available in a variety of colors, styles and patterns. You can give your bathroom windows a colored tint that matches the decor, or update your family room windows with an elegant floral pattern. All decorative window films from AZ Glass Tinting can be removed with just soap and water, and they offer the benefits of blocking solar heat and glare.
If you’re still not sure about replacing your windows but know that they are lacking in energy efficiency, consider solar window film. It’s an affordable, effective way to extend the lifespan of your windows while giving them an updated appearance.