Are you looking for creative, inexpensive ways to spruce up your home? You may be especially tempted to do something different with your place since it’s summer, a time when friends and family come to visit. You want your home to look different from the last time you had people stay with you, but you may not have the time, energy or money to take on a major project.
For many households, a reasonable, efficient way to improve the look of their homes is by adding decorative window films. These films reduce glare, block heat and keep harmful UV rays out. They can be purchased in a variety of styles, adding a creative touch to your windows. Not only will you have a more comfortable, energy-efficient home, but also you’ll have windows that look brand new!
Here’s a breakdown of the types of decorative window film you can expect to find.
- Frosted. Frosted window film is a wonderful option if you plan on adding privacy to a bathroom or home office. There are various transparencies and light transmissions, so you can settle on a frosted film that lets in a little light or a lot. The frosted tints come in an abundance of colors as well.
- Architectural. Architectural window films have a number of fun patterns such as stripes, squares and blocks. These films provide plenty of privacy while keeping some elegance. They are fun for any room in the home, particularly bathrooms and bedrooms.
- Opaque. Opaque window films are ideal for bedrooms, particularly kids’ rooms where you want to block the light for naptime and bedtime. Not only will these dark films not let any light through, but also they’ll keep your little ones safe from UV rays and heat gain.
- Natural. Natural window films are a popular option because they are very subtle and let in a fair amount of light without letting in the heat. They can be installed in just about any room and are highly popular for kitchens and family rooms. They are available in a number of styles as well, including elegant floral patterns.
- Stained Glass. If you’ve always loved the high-end, creative appeal of stained glass, you can welcome it into your own home for a reasonable cost. Stained glass window film is made to look just like the real thing and comes available in a variety of colors and patterns.